Incidents of aggression and escalated behavior, which can lead to workplace violence happen every second, minute and hour of each day in the United States. OSHA and the CDC have declared that workplace violence is now an epidemic in some industries.
Hospitals, government, law enforcement and corporate security continue to tighten down, but there are steps YOU can take, as an individual, to de-escalate upset, angry and volatile individuals.
The AVADE De-Escalation Instructor Guide is a practical, insightful training manual which provides informative, proactive prevention strategies and interventions that can help you diffuse and de-escalate angry and aggressive individuals.
In this book you will learn:
• How not to take things personally
• How we communicate with each other
• The art of listening and displaying empathy
• Body language – the universal communication
• How to de-escalate upset individuals
• How to de-escalate angry individuals
• How to de-escalate intoxicated individuals
• How to de-escalate physically aggressive individuals
• Security oriented customer service techniques
• Post incident responses and documentation
• How to develop de-escalation habits
• How to recognize, paraphrase and reset an escalated individual
Submit your review